Monday 15 November 2010

Worrying

When BG was in her last home she had a rubber food bucket, which she would clear thoroughly at the end of her meal and occasionally move around her stall. She came up to me with a plastic feed bucket which was perfectly useable, but I always intended to get her a rubber one as I was worried the plastic would crack if she chewed the plastic one. I left it a while before getting her a rubber one, mainly because she didn’t actually ‘need’ it so I was a little wary about justifying the cost. That may sounds silly, they aren’t too expensive, but more cost than not buying one and it is not just my money I would be spending. I got her one earlier this year and I am so glad I did. She finishes her meal, licks the bowl thoroughly and chews on the handle, occasionally throwing it around her stall. The other night she looked up as she was still chewing the handle and threw the bucket so high it hit my husband on his thigh. He wasn’t hurt, but it does make me laugh to see her playing with her bowl like that.

Today is a bad day. We got up the field this morning and the wood the gate bolt attaches to had come off the gate post. I don’t know if this was deliberate or the horses, but it looked like it had been pushed from the road side. Then the fence alongside the gate looked like it had been cut. We have had issues before with people trying to steal the gate (which would leave the horses with free access to the road). We fixed the gate and I texted the other owner to let her know in case she spotted anything. In one of her replies she mentioned they are probably moving P1 and P2. I knew they were thinking of moving P1 and it makes sense for them to keep their two together, but I am just a little apprehensive about the future. The farmer might not want just one horse on the field, as he has mentioned selling it before, and I don’t know quite where that would leave BG and me. Also, P1 and P2’s owner is great to share with so I will miss that. I guess things work themselves out in the end, but I am worrying at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment