Friday 20 May 2011

Hello....and thank you

It's been a quiet week. BG still hasn't really accepted her new water bucket, she's happy with having it around now, but she hasn't drunk from it. We are still desperately in need of rain. Apparently the last proper rainfall in this area was on February the 28th when there was 6mm, which was almost three months ago. Since then there's been 5mm in March, 3mm in April and 2mm so far this month. So we are desperate for more.

BG has been a little funny with having her head collar on, normally pulling back on the first couple of attempts, but we get there in the end.

The loveliest thing this week is on Monday evening when I went to give her tea she gave me a little vocal hello. Very rare for her, maybe she was letting me know she enjoyed the lunge and attention that morning! Then I lunged her on Thursday as well. She was good on both reins again, without obstacles. When I went to let her off, give her a well done pat and give her a treat she fluttered her nostrils at me again in anticipation, almost a vocal thank you for the treat.

Tomorrow we have the joy of a farrier visit, for which I am slightly concerned about catching BG since she'll know something is up as it will be in the afternoon, and not her normal time for a visit from us. She needs the visit though, her hooves are cracking round the bottom, none of them have split off but several cracks go higher up her hooves than I would like. Some of the soles of her hooves have dropped off with the mud when I've picked them out, so it will be good for the farrier to tidy them up. I think she (the farrier) will also take off one of BG's front chestnuts that has grown rather large, the other one dropped off about a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment