Wednesday 15 September 2010

Miserable nights

Why is it getting so dark in the evening’s already? With the wind and the rain as well I am very limited on what I can do. I don’t mind working in the rain, but it isn’t fair on BG if the top of the ground is slippery.

So far this week BG has been better about her head collar. I have had to resort to using her old one but at least I am getting it on her on my own without too much of a fuss. I am taking it off in her shelter though since she is still being funny about the buckle when having it taken off. I normally like to lead her out and take it off in the field so she is used to having me move it round her head out there, but with the wind and her being silly I think it would do more harm than good. So I am taking it off in the shelter and last night she was perfect, but all the other times, including this morning, she has tensed when I have gone up to the buckle and looked as if she is going to move back.

Her coat is beautifully soft at the moment, her summer coat is still coming out but you can tell she is starting to fluff up for winter.

Although I complain in the title about the miserable nights the rain stopped just as I got up the field last night. We were up there at the time of day when the sun throws golden strips across everything, and we were treated to a beautiful double rainbow (with BG stood at the bottom of it as the treasure). Having horses really does enable you to see the best (and worst) of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment