Monday 20 September 2010

Tea by torchlight

Last night BG had her first tea by torch light this winter. If it wasn’t for the fact I insist on her having her head collar on we could probably have done the whole thing in the dark. She was a little cautious about coming in but after the initial look to check everything was okay she was fine. She is still having her new head collar on every time, only problem is she is nervous about the strap going over the top of her neck and being done up/ un-done still. Luckily each time she has gone to pull back from this I have been able to move back with her so the head collar remains in the same spot on her head.

She lunged beautifully on Friday but other than that she has been having an easy time of it, although I made her do some trotting poles and basic ground work on Saturday night.

She is chubbier than I would like so I wish I could get some more work into her, but she is happy enough and the cooler weather will hopefully do it’s part in regulating her weight.

Now I have the dilemma about when to get the farrier out again. It is seven weeks today since she last had them trimmed and they are getting long, but non of the bottoms are looking anywhere near to splitting and the crack in her near-fore is holding up okay. If I had it my way I would probably have them done a week today, but then there is getting the time off work and seeing what the farrier’s calendar is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment