Thursday 27 January 2011

Going to be lonely

P1 is due to leave the field on Friday and I believe P2 will be leaving in the next few weeks too. Poor BG will be left on her own. I am reasonably lucky that she is an independent little soul and so doesn’t get upset if left on her own, but ideally I would like her to have a field companion. If only I could afford another one…

I am feeling guilty about her being left lonely though. This morning when we left the three of them were grazing side-by-side, often they can be totally different sections of the field to each other so I am sure they are just doing it to make me feel bad. Apparently yesterday the three of them were tearing round the field, wish I’d seen it but I was told ‘she was flying never seen her go so fast!’. BG can run if she wants to and I love to see it, so I’m feeling guilty now she won’t have anyone to play with.

Just hoping we will be allowed to stay on the field, there aren’t many places around here to move to and BG takes so long to settle anywhere new.

On the positive side BG has continued to be good about having her head collar on in the field (so long as food is visible) and letting us catch hold of it again to take it off. P1 did sneak up and try to steal her tea last night after he had been so good recently and left her alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment