Monday 6 December 2010

A little update

The ground thawed for the first time yesterday, but unfortunately it went straight to mud. The sort of mud that clings to your boots and clumps up. This morning it was all frozen again. Unfortunately I choose Saturday to be the day I cleaned the final scab off BG's leg, thinking the cold and frost would ensure it kept nice and clean.
There is little news from up the field. All three ponies and doing well and have learnt they now get hay nets in the morning. I only gave them a handful yesterday as the grass was accessible again, then when I went to leave P1 called out and caused them all the come running down in the hope of more food.
This morning I was filling up their hay nets when the board across the entrance started to open. I have to leave it shut or the ponies come in to join me. I looked out thinking it might just be my husband turned up but no, BG had the board in her teeth and was pulling it open. I think I might have to watch her.

No comments:

Post a Comment