Wednesday 28 April 2010

Thorn in the cheek

Silly BG decided to stick a thorn in her cheek today. She must have been itching on the hedge, or rolled and picked it off the ground, or... I don't know. Horses manage to get themselves into trouble in all sorts of unimaginable ways. This was a new one for me.

I just thought she had a leaf or something on her face, till I went to pull it off and realised it was a thorn that had stuck right in her cheek and her face had swollen slightly around it.

Pulled the thorn out and luckily it looked clean, the hole filled up with blood once I'd pulled it out. Cleaned it up and put Sudocream on top of it to stop any dirt getting in. BG didn't seem to realise anything was wrong, she didn't blink at all when I pulled it out and cleaned it up.

I will have to see what it is like in the morning, fingers crossed it is all okay.

First night lunging BG since she had the farrier out. Only 15 minutes in total and then I tried to do a bit in hand with her, she is getting a bit headstrong and trying to trot around to head back home if you try to lead her up the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment