Saturday 24 April 2010

With horses it is the little things that make you smile....

...like the other morning when BG cantered down for her breakfast.

Yesterday I had a text asking me to rug the other pony (Pony 1 = P1) when I put up the evening haynets in the field. I had been asked to do this the day before and you never know with other horses if they will like having their rugs on, or if they will play up. Luckily P1 just stood and ate his haynet whilst I sorted his rug out.

Last night I put all the haynets up and then went to get his rug. Walking across the field with it he spotted me coming and left his haynet to come and stand patiently beside me while I put it on. Maybe he was cold but it made me smile. Horses are lovely when they are behaving.

On the BG front she is footsore after her visit from the farrier. She isn't too bad; she will go into trot without reluctance but she is definitely feeling it. I put her in her field shelter today for three hours, with bedding down so she had something soft to rest her hooves on, and a haynet. I sat in the corner and read a book for the three hours (last time we had to put her in P1 kicked in the wood we had used to gate off the entrance and let her out). They do say just sitting with your horse does help you build your relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment