Thursday 21 October 2010

Frozen water buckets

The temperature in the car read 1 degree this morning, so not any colder than yesterday, but it had frosted over-night. It was the first morning this winter that the water buckets were frozen, only a millimetre, but still frozen. BG was stood by the gate when we turned up, I’d like to think she was waiting for us but I think that she just found a spot in the field with sun on it.

All three ponies seemed pleased to see us. P2 was in the shelter for the night, which seems to be his new routine. I hadn’t been asked to let him out this morning so just dropped him a bit of hay to keep him going and to keep him out the way while I mucked out his bed.

P1 was very good and kept out the way when I fed BG, who seemed to enjoy her breakfast. She was looking well, her coat had fluffed out but she was warm enough and let me check her over and pick her feet out in the field.

I quite like the chilly but still mornings. When it’s like that there is no where I’d rather be than up the field, I even enjoy the mucking out. Just being able to watch the ponies grazing and be up there with them is great, I am very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment