Sunday 31 October 2010

Wormer

Time to administer BG's wormer again, Equest Pramox this time so it will target the tapeworms. I normally give it to her on the first of the month, but with work and the dark tomorrow I thought it would be better to do so today.

Poor BG tried to be good and let me put the syringe in her mouth a few times. Unfortunately the plunger on it was stiff and just would not move smoothly, it suddenly shot forward and scared the life out of her. I had to do that three times to get the whole dose of wormer into her. If the plunger had been smoother I think it would have gone almost perfectly, instead I feel sorry for BG. She is very good about not splitting it out afterwards though.

It took her a while to get the taste out of her mouth, she wouldn't even accept a polo for a good while.

BG had a thorough groom this morning, and then a lunge and got lead over some trotting poles which she was foot perfect over.

And apparently she has an admirer. I heard a gentleman stops up the field every day and she gallops down to him to take an apple. Once she has the apple she moves away and he hasn't managed to touch her at all. It is lovely someone else thinks she is wonderful too, but I don't really want random people feeding BG, it could cause issues in summer when I really need to watch her weight. I have no idea who he is though or when he visits as I have only heard it from someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment