Tuesday 26 October 2010

Just a little update

We’ve had three days of frost so far, including that on the Thursday. BG has been keen to see us and her food. This morning she was in the far corner of the field when we got up there, and came running down, which is always lovely to see. She has been so keen for her food I think we might even succeed getting the head collar on her in the field. I haven’t tried it yet though as I don’t want to fail before work or in the dark in the evenings, it might have to wait until I have time at the weekend. Hopefully then I can enforce it over the weekend and it can become part of the routine.

The scabs on BG’s fetlocks don’t seem to be clearing up. At the weekend she has a thorough groom and check and clean of the scabs, in the week I try to keep them clean and Sudocreamed over to keep them soft. I would have hoped they would have healed by now but the off-fore seems persistent in keeping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment