Friday 22 October 2010

Hurry up!

I let P2 out of the shelter this morning which meant I could put BG in there for her breakfast and pop her head collar on. I’ve done this a few morning’s recently and she pauses before entering the shelter, checking that is the correct place to have her meal that morning, and turns her nose up at the mess P2 has made in her home, as I don’t tidy it up first.

This morning BG was waiting near the gate, half asleep but she perked up when I went to get her breakfast. Then she followed me to the shelter and went straight in behind me with no hesitation, sticking as close to my shoulder (and the food bowl) as she could. She was nudging me on the shoulder and pushing her head forward for her head collar before I’d even got it off the hook. I think she thought I was being far too slow and she knew the head collar had to go on before she could eat so she was there saying ‘hurry up!’

Such a change from the other times where she sees the head collar and runs away from you terrified saying ‘why would you dream of bringing that near me, it is such a scary thing’. The thing is, I think those times she is generally scared. Sometimes she is just being stubborn, when she swings her back round at you and has a grump in the corner, but other times she is genuinely scared, which is why times like today are so special. I love to see her confidence up and the cheeky side of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment