Monday 16 August 2010

A better morning

It has been very windy here. As people know this often upsets horses even more so adds to my worries about catching BG. Then in the morning we allow half an hour to see her on our way to work. This involves giving her breakfast and a quick check over. She will have fly repellent, hooves picked out, water put on hooves etc. as needed. The water buckets are checked and I will do some mucking out of the field, although this depends on how well everything else goes.

Yesterday morning it was over half an hour to catch her though, so you can see why my hopes weren’t up.

My husband went over to see her whilst I prepared her breakfast. (It is only Happy Hoof but I water it down well to prevent incidents of choke). BG immediately started to walk away when she saw my husband, then saw me with her food bowl and trotted over to see me. I do like it when she trots towards me, makes me feel like she is actually pleased to see us. She went straight in her shelter with only a brief stop and the head collar went straight on despite the wind howling outside.

So that was a huge positive (and I got to clear the whole field of muck too). Now I need the wind to die down so I can exercise her tonight. Although I can see her reverting and being a pain to get in her shelter again. We will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment