Tuesday 10 August 2010

Happy to be back

Last Monday and the farrier visit seems a long time ago now. I am very pleased to say that BG did not go lame after the visit, and the cut on her leg from where P1 caught her is healing up nicely and staying clean.

I was away for the weekend so P1 and P2’s owner took care of her. She apparently behaved herself and they groomed her and picked out her hooves with no issues. I forgot to ask if she was nervous of the grooming or okay, as last time the owner went to stroke her in her shelter BG moved stubbornly to the back and hid.

I do worry when I go away as no one else currently catches BG, incase anything was to happen. Luckily care wise she is quite a hardy little girl so it is not like she needs lots of food, constant checking, rugs changing etc. You could probably turn her out on the moors and she would survive perfectly well (you would never be able to catch her again though!).

I am glad to be back, and see her again (she didn’t look overly excited by the fact I was back). I fed her, gave her a brief groom and a lunge. She was very good on the lunge, very responsive to the voice commands and didn’t try to collapse in on the circle at all. Afterwards I mucked out the field and then just sat in the field for a bit, and was very happy that she gradually made her way over to me grazing on the way.

I am feeling quite positive this week about achieving things with her. Lets hope I can keep the positivity up.

No comments:

Post a Comment