Friday 20 August 2010

Perfect pony

I was thinking about BG the other day and how she is the perfect pony to own (besides being a pain to catch and un-rideable)!

She has been scratching her head so I was putting Sudocream on it. She didn’t like it much and tried to pull away, but it is the first time I have put any on her face for rub marks. P1 and P2 have both been rubbing themselves raw, whereas BG is just missing a bit of her coat where she has rubbed it.

So I was thinking how lucky I was to own her since she didn’t rub as much as others. Then I was thinking about when I put her in on box-rest. Some horses get upset being in and, although she lives out 24-7, she is perfectly calm when she is put in a stall. She adapts to her surroundings (except humans) very calmly. She doesn’t get too upset if other horses are there or not. She doesn’t need to be rugged or shod. If you put up an electric fence, regardless of whether it has a shock in it or not, she tends to steer clear whereas P1 and P2 will go through, under or over it – whichever one they fancy. If I am doing something quickly I can just put the lead rope over her shelter entrance and trust her not to try pushing on it.

She is a tough, independent little girl and so the perfect pony to own from a care point of view. From my point of view she is the perfect pony to own in all ways anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment