Friday 11 June 2010

I love my pony

BG has been lovely the last couple of days. I think it must be the miserable weather but it is wonderful when she is keen to see you and so good when being groomed.

She has been heading down for her food as soon as she sees the car pull up. One night she even walked herself into her field shelter and stood waiting for me before I’d even taken her food in.

I pop the food bowl on the floor and hold open her head collar for her to put her nose into it, before I flip the other part up over her neck and do it up. She has been so keen she has her head stuck over my shoulder nudging forward to reach the head collar before I’ve even unbuckled it recently. Thinking of other days when she just sees the head collar and hides in the corner; I do love it when she is in her current mood. She is happy and confident.

She has been standing beautifully for her grooms, even turning her head round to watch and check I do certain areas correctly. She has been licking every last bit of food out of her bowl too, even the sloppy bottom bits where I have put too much water in with the chaff, and then chewing on the handles of the bowl so she can savour every last little bit.

She is a joy to be around at the moment, a real friend who you can have a good laugh with and who keeps me smiling. I know the weather might be miserable, but if it gives me BG in this wonderful mood then I don’t mind at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment